Red roses…just ‘cuz. My man surprised me during shopping. 🙂
Last Thursday was my birthday. In the evening, I had to use a calculator to figure out my age because for some reason, I was thinking I was a year older than I now am. Weird.
I started the day with the kids jumping into bed with me, covering me in happy birthday kisses, including my son actually “happy birthday!”. Perfect way to wake up!
I went to mom’s group after dropping the kids at school and IBI, and then proceeded to get in “trouble” via my personal Facebook from moms who didn’t realize it was my birthday until after they got home and saw it on Facebook. I also stopped by at my local Starbucks for my free birthday treat because my card is registered. They even drew a little party hat on the “Starbucks siren” for me.
My man spoilt me with a bacon “sammich” for lunch and with it being a weekday so life (and kids) got in the way, my birthday extended to Friday.
On Friday, my stepdaughter came to visit as she had a PA Day. After dropping my kids off at their dad’s, she wanted to come with my man and I. He wanted to take me clothing shopping, and she wanted to go to the mall we were planning on going to, as she hadn’t gone there in years. While shopping, she threatened to “disown” me because she LOVES shopping and I HATE clothing shopping. 😉
We went grocery shopping after clothing shopping as it was Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada last weekend. While grocery shopping, my man was able to sneak off and order some beautiful roses for me.
So spoilt for my birthday!
I missed last week’s Fill in the Blank Friday so I thought I should catch up…
1. The highlight of my week was going skating with my daughter’s school, specifically seeing the happiness on her face when I walked into the dressing room. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to make it because I came down with the flu earlier in the week but I had enough strength to go, and I’m so glad I did. My daughter was so happy! The next highlight of my week was getting roses from my man, just because. Swoon…
2. If I had to classify my interior design aesthetic it would be…still to be determined. I like having things comfy and cozy, and my choice of colour is green.
3. My first vehicle was a Honda Civic 4-door…I miss driving a Honda, but for now, am a proud driver of a sexy mini-van.
4. An item I need to have in my day in order to function is my cell phone and my computer (yes, I’m counting them as only one thing), and a close second is at least one cup of chai but there are days I have actually done without a chai, surprisingly.
5. My favorite way to waste time is Facebook.
6. Right now I could really go for having my full appetite back. It’s coming back slowly from the flu but there’s yummy bacon-wrapped steak in my fridge, made by my man, just waiting for me and I haven’t been able to enjoy it yet.
7. This weekend I will be spending 3 days straight with just my daughter, while my son spends the weekend with their dad. Neither of us get much one-on-one time with either of the kids, so I’m really looking forward to it.