I’m crazy excited to be attending Blissdom ’14 this year!!! It’s the biggest blogging and social media conference in Canada. Every year while it’s happening, I’ve been in a bit of a funk over the fact that it’s happening and I’m not there. This year, I get to go as part of Main Street Creative‘s team…so a huge thank you to them!
I’m doing my research, reading posts written by those who have attended previous years:
- Sober Julie : 10 Things NOT to do at a Blogger Conference
- Mommy Gearest : Packing for A Social Media Conference
- Lindsay Dianne : Heading to #BlissDomCA
- Loulou’s Views : What To Wear To BlissDom Canada
- ChickyMara’s post on Be Nice or Learn : The Official-ish Blissdom FAQs & Semi-Useful Tips – she’s the official “Hello lady” for the conference
I’m not sure exactly what time I’ll be arriving on Thursday…hopefully around 10am. Later that afternoon, I’m sure I’ll be hanging out in the “Newbie Lounge”. I seem to be reading a common theme that most attendees are worried about being wall flowers … I am NOT naturally a wall flower. Extroverts unite…together! If I am being a wall flower…just wave some Starbucks chai (lactose-free milk, no water please) under my nose. I’ll be fine after that. 😉
I still need to sort through my timetable for the rest of Thursday and all day Friday…there’s so much to choose from!
We had to sign up a couple of weeks ago for the microsessions Saturday morning. I’m sssoooo excited to be attending:
- New Blogger? Little Blogger? You can get love too! – Tiffany Grisdale
- Master the Branded Narrative & change your life – Julie Nowell
- From Blog To Business (How to take your love of blogging to the next level and make it your business.) – Loukia Zigoumis
If you’re attending any of these microsessions, please say hi…I’m sure I’ll be the only tall redhead. 😉
There’s even a pajama party…how often do you get to wear pjs and slippers in public? 😉
Now I just need to figure what to wear the rest of the time because, let’s face it, as a Stay at Home Mom, my regular outfit consists of yoga pants and t-shirts. Sigh. Where’s a personal shopper (and the budget to pay for one) when you need one?