This article is from Huffington Post Canada, written by Lindsey Mead Russell. Although the title specifies these are things for a 10 year old daughter should know, I would argue that they are things EVERYONE should know.
1. It is not your job to keep the people you love happy.
2. Your physical fearlessness is a strength
3. You should never be afraid to share your passions.
4. It is okay to disagree with me, and others.
5. You are so very beautiful.
6. Reading is essential.
7. You are not me.
8. It is almost never about you.
9. There is no single person who can be your everything.
10. I am trying my best.
Full article can be read here: