1. New Years is when I can start a new calendar…and yes, this makes me happy.
2. One of my New Year’s resolutions will be to start journaling again. I was meticulous with it at the end of my marriage and for a year and a half afterwards, but I’ve gone away from it. New year = new journal book.
3. A New Year’s resolution I’ve made in the past was to NOT watch TV one night per week. Kept it up for about 4 months but then I got really ill with my fibroid and basically spent my time in the bathroom or living room, trying to conserve energy because my iron levels were dangerously low.
4. The most time consuming resolution I ever made was…hmmm, can’t think of one as I don’t really make resolutions per say. I just decide to do something, and do it.
5. This year I will be spending New Year’s Eve with my man, we’ll actually be together at midnight – last year, we weren’t “us” yet, and he had to go to work so he left at 11pm. We’re fixing that this year.
6. If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be to be a more present parent.
7. 2012 is going to be my year! According to the Chinese Zodiac, it’s the year of the Dragon…and I’m a Dragon so…bring it on!
Happy New Year!