1. The holiday season is all about family, friends, food, food and more food! Baked goods galore…yummy!
2. Snow makes me happy when I’m inside, warm, and watching the gorgeous snowflakes gently falling down, blanketing everything and looking serene…then I go outside and curse it.
3. The best comfort food to eat when it’s cold out is homemade soup and garlic bread, or a great family recipe called Elsie’s Casserole – the ingredients are in pounds…3lbs of beef, 1lbs of sausage, etc. Not loved by vegetarians though.
4. Winter is the best time for playing outside with my kids: snowball fights, building snowmen, snow angels, etc.
5. I can hardly wait for my next “Stitch & B*tch” get together…a bunch of ladies get together to knit/crochet and chat the night away. Some stitch, some b*tch, some do both. Good times!
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to give them to others. I pay attention all year, listening for those one-off comments people make, and then I find that item. On very rare occasions, I haven’t been able to find the item in time for Christmas, but I still let the person know what they will be getting so they have something to unwrap on Christmas day.
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about an 8. I honestly haven’t really gotten into the Christmas spirit yet…there’s no snow on the ground yet. We are going to the Santa Claus parade on Saturday and a Christmas party on Sunday so hopefully that will bring my Christmas excitement closer to the surface.