For the last week or so, there has been a GREAT hashtag on Twitter that I’ve been following and retweeting often… “You Might Be An Autism Parent If…”. I blogged last week with some great endings to that statement, and here are some great new ones:
- you are dreading listening to your crazy relatives non helpful and misinformed input during the holidays. @tiredx6
- you want to write a book about your “adventures in autism” @JennyBK74
- your worn out by 8 am but know your child doesn’t get back in bed until 9 pm. @richkid947
- you realize at bedtime that you fed everyone dinner but yourself. @MomtoBoyWonder
- watching Christmas movies as a family is an affair that involves trampolines. @TheSlackrMom
- U feel U need 2 educate others about the spectrum & why U R child does what he does. He’s not being rude or bad. @TheJourney_1
- you have to resist feeling smug if an NT child does something inappropriate & your child didn’t @FroggyPrinceMom
- you’re completely exhausted. All the time. @WonderfullyFi
Some of my own contributions:
- you can NEVER run out of Melatonin.
- you always hear “I don’t know how you do it”…he’s my son, that’s how.
- you will always remember your first verbal argument with your child.
- you have been changing diapers for years, and years, and years.
Most of all…
- you simply can’t die. EVER. @JennyBK74, @diaryofamom