This post was written in response to Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt:
I’m in my mid-thirties and I’ve never…
1. Done my own taxes
2. Visited the Canadian prairies (well, other than a couple stop-overs at Calgary airport – it was nice…Starbucks…)
3. Been to the Canadian Maritimes
4. Had really short hair – the shortest I’ve done is chin-length. Mistake.
5. Ridden in a hot air balloon
6. Fired a gun – although I wouldn’t mind trying it some day, at a shooting range though
7. Played golf (mini-putt doesn’t count) but I would like to learn
9. Gone to prom
10. Skydived, and I’m ok with that
11. Gotten a tattoo but I’ll admit I’ve thought about it
12. Read the Bible. I did a project in high school where we had to select multiple books and relate a passage from the Bible to those books. I asked a girlfriend what passage would best “fit”, she told me, we looked up the passage (I couldn’t even figure out how to look it up!) in the Bible and used it. To this day, that is the closest I’ve ever come to reading the Bible.
13. I have never eaten caviar…nor do I plan on it.
14. Gone on a cruise, but I would like to!
15. Ran a marathon, and I have no intension of taking up running. I trip over my feet walking, why would I complicate things with running? Stiletto heels however…no problem!
16. Won the lottery…dammit!
17. Attended high school graduation – I was on the other side of the country at university, and just couldn’t “validate” the expense of coming back for a weekend, compared to coming back for a week over Christmas.
18. Worn skinny jeans. I don’t want to see my curves in them!
19. Ridden on a mechanical bull – I have posed for a pic on one, but haven’t actually ridden it.
20. Been married in a church
21. Dyed my hair
22. Received over 200 comments on a blog post – one day…sigh…
What haven’t you done?