I’ve been looking forward to today for a while now…it’s MY year in the Chinese Zodiac…the Year of the Dragon! I became aware of the powerfulness of the Chinese Zodiac when my partner in my early 20s was a wonderful Chinese-Malaysian man. I went into the relationship as a “small-town white girl” and came out so much more cultured and fully embracing his and his family’s culture. Ever since the end of my marriage (to someone else), I have been looking forward to the Year of the Dragon, in the hopes that the universe will help us get fully back on our feet again, and progressing forward with our lives.
To learn more about the Year of the Dragon, and what it means to us Dragons, check out the horoscope here.
Gung Hai Fat Choy!
1. New Years is when I can start a new calendar…and yes, this makes me happy.
2. One of my New Year’s resolutions will be to start journaling again. I was meticulous with it at the end of my marriage and for a year and a half afterwards, but I’ve gone away from it. New year = new journal book.
3. A New Year’s resolution I’ve made in the past was to NOT watch TV one night per week. Kept it up for about 4 months but then I got really ill with my fibroid and basically spent my time in the bathroom or living room, trying to conserve energy because my iron levels were dangerously low.
4. The most time consuming resolution I ever made was…hmmm, can’t think of one as I don’t really make resolutions per say. I just decide to do something, and do it.
5. This year I will be spending New Year’s Eve with my man, we’ll actually be together at midnight – last year, we weren’t “us” yet, and he had to go to work so he left at 11pm. We’re fixing that this year.
6. If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be to be a more present parent.
7. 2012 is going to be my year! According to the Chinese Zodiac, it’s the year of the Dragon…and I’m a Dragon so…bring it on!
Happy New Year!