I’ve joined the Blog Hop at Randomosity called 2 Truths, 1 Lie. I thought it was cute, so here I go!
You know the game you play as an “icebreaker” in a new class or maybe at a new job. Make a post, telling two truths and one lie. Leave the link to that post here. Then your readers (and fellow blog hoppers) will guess which one is the lie.
Update the post within 24 hours to tell which is which.
Simple enough, right? Just LINK TO YOUR 2 TRUTHS 1 LIE POST!
Copy the code below to add it to your site (this is not required, just requested). This is a new hop, so it will need your help to grow. I appreciate it! Come back every Friday night to link up again! This means fun AND extra exposure for your blog.
<a href= “http://randomosityblog.com/category/2-truths-1-lie” target= “_blank”><img src= “http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m606/randomosityblog/2truths1lie.jpg” border=”0? alt= “Photobucket”>
MY 2 TRUTHS AND 1 LIE:
1) I have a fear of failing.
2) I have a fear of public speaking.
3) I have a fear of death
So, which one is a lie?
Optimom is famous for giving out “homework” to help people discover their passion in life. My homework was to ask 5 others how they define happiness. Have to admit that I haven’t asked people, other than posting it on Twitter, but have definitely been through lots of reflection in determining how I define happiness.
The first things that popped into my head were all related to my kids; when:
- they were born
- they smile
- we have cuddle time
- they are playing together and not trying to kill eachother
- my kids wink at me
- DD makes her cute sleeping sounds
- DS hugs me so hard that I think my head is going to pop off
- I wake up to find DD has crawled into bed with me overnight
- DS hugs me and says “home”
All of these are great HOWEVER, I realized that my happiness was being determined by someone else. More reflection required.
So, I started thinking back to when I have felt happiest and when people tell me my smile is the biggest. Here’s my “happy list” and why:
- Dancing – whether it’s lessons or out with friends. I’m trained in classical ballet and just love any kind of dance!
- Skating – I took lessons for years and years. There’s something very “freeing” when I’m on the ice
- Water – I lived in Vancouver, BC for a number of years and, now my favourite place in Hamilton is down at the waterfront.
- Public Speaking – yup, one of the top fears for almost everyone else in the world is actually one of my “happy places”
- Go Karting – my (then) hubby took me go-karting once and I absolutely loved it!
- Reading – the journey is endless
- Writing – there’s something freeing about just starting to write, whether it’s my blog or journaling
- Helping Others – I’m a true Libra…helping others is what drives me!
I’m sure other things will pop into my head as I further reflect on this question…but that’s why @optimom is so awesome. Very simple homework assignments that inspire true reflection.
So, I turn the homework over to you now…what makes you happiest?
PS – I was not paid for this post…I happen to be blessed to know Optimom IRL (in real life)