I’ve been pinning lots of recipes lately on Pinterest. Yesterday, I was home with my daughter who felt under the weather so I figured I would try one in particular since it seemed so simple: Dried Strawberries. The recipe claimed you just put whole or halved strawberries in the oven at 200 degrees F for 3 hours. Simple, right?
3 hours later, the strawberries look like shriveled somethings, they were soggy and looked unappetizing. Figuring every oven is different, I increased the temperature to 250 degrees F. Checked them an hour later and nothing changed.
Here’s the picture from Pinterest: (They even look like cute little hearts!)
5 hours later, my strawberries look dead:
And shockingly, when I tasted them, they tasted like slightly burnt rubbery strawberries, a far cry from the candy taste the recipe claims. I’m not deterred though…I still plan on trying some more recipes from Pinterest. At least one of them has to work!
Just wanted to take a moment to review my blog for 2012.
My 5 most popular posts were:
The posts I enjoyed writing the most:
My Facebook Page and Twitter account are the most popular ways for people to find my blog in 2012.
Thanks for reading my blog!
Just found this on Pinterest:
And it’s SSOOOOOO true! Here’s my organizing board on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/imamomtoo/organize-it/.
With it being a crazy hot day today, and the kids and I spending most of the day outside on our first day of their summer vacation, I thought I would try making one of the “Homemade Vitamin Drinks” on Zain Saraswati Jamal’s website, which I found through Pinterest.
I had strawberries and watermelon in the fridge and, although I didn’t make it as “fancy” as on Jamal’s website, it’s a really nice, light flavour. All I did was cut up the watermelon and strawberries, put them in the bottom of a juice container, pour Brita filtered water on them, and put the container in the fridge. A few hours later, came home and had a lovely glass of “fruit water” as my kids called it with my lunch. Have put fresh rosemary on the grocery list too, as I think that would be a great addition to the taste.
Simple, easy, flavourful and a great alternative to juice. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a combination that the kids like too as I would much rather give them fruit water to drink over sugary juice.
Came across this list on Pinterest of things to do this summer. Have replaced some words with ones that are more “PG”:
1. Get a tan ~ in my ginger world, this means becoming one big freckle
2. Be happy if I’m single, taken or heartbroken ~ I’m happily divorced, and am taken by a wonderful man who makes me very happy.
3. Hangout with all my friends
4. Partying it up
5. Remember that I only live once
6. Have my hair long ~ done! My hair is always long!
7. Not care about those who don’t matter
8. Do what I want ~ within reason of course, I am a mom after all!
9. Wear a swimsuit without feeling self conscious
10. Go skiny dipping ~ think I’ll replace this one with swimming, with my swimsuit on
11. Spend all day at the beach ~ with SPF thousand of course
12. Less computer, more outside
13. Catch fireflies ~ hmm, where would I find fireflies?
14. Camp out with friends
15. Be crazy!
16. Meet new people
17. Go on a trip somewhere ~ I went on a mini weekend trip with my man last weekend. Does that count?
18. Not care what I look like
19. Do something new