1. A nervous habit I have is hmmm…I’m not sure. I used to crack my knuckles when I was nervous, but that was when I was a kid/teenager. Now, I’m not sure what I do when I’m nervous. I guess I don’t find myself in many situations where I am nervous. Thinking back, I think I flap my hands to release some tension but that’s just a couple flaps…and only in front of someone I trust to show that nervousness to.
2. Something that makes me sad is when my daughter mentions that she misses our dogs that passed away. She’s said it a few times recently, and then she seems to move past it quickly enough, but it makes me sad every time.
3. Today I am thankful for being able to volunteer in my daughter’s Grade 1 French Immersion class. Since I’m one of the only parents of the kids in her class who is fluent in French, I was able to work with 6 of her classmates individually on their counting assignment booklets. It was a great afternoon!
4. My favorite room in my house is my bedroom. All earthtones, pillows, photos, books, etc. It’s a very calming room…when the kids and I aren’t wrestling in there of course.
5. I can’t stand when people think they know everything about how to manage kids with Autism because they met someone once who had Autism. I can’t remember who said it but “when you meet someone with Autism, you have met only one person with Autism”. There’s a reason it’s called “Autism Spectrum Disorder.
6. If I had an extra $100 to spend on whatever I wanted today I would replace some very worn down articles of clothing I own. Our clothing budget is basically zero so, whenever I can allocate money towards clothing, it goes to the kids’ needs rather than my own.
7. The last person I hung out with was my man. My days are filled with tons of appointments, school bus schedules, and being taxi to get my son to IBI so I don’t have much time to “hang out” with people unless they come to me in the evenings. When I do have free time, I usually spend it with my man.