Time for Fill in the Blank Friday…and the best one, seeing as it’s the Friday before the long weekend AND my son just gave me “butterfly kisses” with his lips for the first time! It’s a GREAT day!
1. One thing that is completely superfluous, but that I could never give up is chai. A few cups a day keep me (relatively) sane. It’s my form of daily “me time” and it’s even portable to take to the park, Early Years Centre, appointments, or just in the car during long drives. Pocket book and taste buds disagree between made-at-home-Tetley-chai and Starbucks chai latte. Tetley is an acceptable substitute though.
2. Confrontation makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable. It’s a trait us Librans are not comfortable with at all. Experience has made it even worse for me.
3. I can’t live without, my kids. Does this really need clarification?
4. Jalapeno Cheddar Doritos is my favorite snack. When I realize I’m going through too many each day (and feeling it in my clothes…grrr), carrots with spicy humus is a very good substitute, and healthier too.
5. Lately I’ve been a bit stressed with Back to School, but now that I’ve seen my son’s school bus, met the bus driver and written the Social Story for him, I’m feeling quite a bit better.
6. If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. The old saying is true for everything. If you can’t figure out why the microwave isn’t working, make sure the door is completely closed. If you can’t figure out why the room is smelling, check all diapers in the vicinity, then look for the hidden rotting peach core. If you can’t get the damn kids DVD to work when you are going to pull your hair out, put a different favourite in…they’ll only complain for a few minutes. If you don’t get marriage right the first time, keep looking for the one who accepts you and your children for who you are (no 2nd marriage for me though!).
7. Fall is almost here. The colours, the beauty, the harvest, fresh vegetables, kids are back in school, the cooler days that aren’t 40 degrees Celsius and higher…ahhh. Unfortunately, winter comes quickly…grrrr.