Day 16- Who Do You Do the Most Crazy Things With OR
What is the Most Crazy Thing You’ve Done?
Hmmm…the thought “if I told you, I would have to kill you” popped into my head when I read this writing prompt. LOL!
Even though I’ve been called crazy a number of times (to which I say “thank you!”), overall I don’t really do “crazy” things. I lead a very child-centred life, filled with routines, Autism, maintaining our home, laundry, meals, etc.
Some people say it’s crazy to go dancing with the girls a couple times a year…especially since my girlfriends and I aren’t “spring chickens” anymore. We go to the same bar each time since we know the staff there. We are definitely older than everyone else there by approx 15 years BUT, we’re the ones who dance better ON the bar (à la Coyote Ugly!) than the 18 and 20 year olds who think they are all that. We are there to let loose for an evening, have fun, get away from our mom responsibilities, and just enjoy ourselves for the night…plus, it’s always fun to use the line “Dude, I’m old enough to be your mother!” when boys are hitting on us. LOL!
What do you do that’s “crazy”?
Optimom is famous for giving out “homework” to help people discover their passion in life. My homework was to ask 5 others how they define happiness. Have to admit that I haven’t asked people, other than posting it on Twitter, but have definitely been through lots of reflection in determining how I define happiness.
The first things that popped into my head were all related to my kids; when:
- they were born
- they smile
- we have cuddle time
- they are playing together and not trying to kill eachother
- my kids wink at me
- DD makes her cute sleeping sounds
- DS hugs me so hard that I think my head is going to pop off
- I wake up to find DD has crawled into bed with me overnight
- DS hugs me and says “home”
All of these are great HOWEVER, I realized that my happiness was being determined by someone else. More reflection required.
So, I started thinking back to when I have felt happiest and when people tell me my smile is the biggest. Here’s my “happy list” and why:
- Dancing – whether it’s lessons or out with friends. I’m trained in classical ballet and just love any kind of dance!
- Skating – I took lessons for years and years. There’s something very “freeing” when I’m on the ice
- Water – I lived in Vancouver, BC for a number of years and, now my favourite place in Hamilton is down at the waterfront.
- Public Speaking – yup, one of the top fears for almost everyone else in the world is actually one of my “happy places”
- Go Karting – my (then) hubby took me go-karting once and I absolutely loved it!
- Reading – the journey is endless
- Writing – there’s something freeing about just starting to write, whether it’s my blog or journaling
- Helping Others – I’m a true Libra…helping others is what drives me!
I’m sure other things will pop into my head as I further reflect on this question…but that’s why @optimom is so awesome. Very simple homework assignments that inspire true reflection.
So, I turn the homework over to you now…what makes you happiest?
PS – I was not paid for this post…I happen to be blessed to know Optimom IRL (in real life)