1. My favorite place I’ve ever traveled to is…well, it’s a toss-up, but at least there’s a common language. I’ve loved each time I’ve been toMontreal,Canada, and I loved being inParis,France. Must be something about the French language.
2. Spain and Italy are places I’d love to go someday.
3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by reading or sleeping. If I’m on a plane, I try to wake up for the movie if one is being shown, then I go right back to sleep.
4. My three must-haves when I travel are water , something to read and a warm blanket .
5. My favourite travel companion is…hmmm, can’t really say I have one. I usually travel alone, to somewhere where I know people.
6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is when I was 11 years old. I went to England as an “Unaccompanied Minor” (“UM”). My parents left the airport when we were boarding the plane, and after sitting on the tarmac for 45mins, we all got off the plane because there was some kind of mechanical problem. By then, my parents had left the airport and were almost home. I called to let them know and, because I was told that we would be re-boarding shortly and my parents were 1 hour away, my parents stayed home. The passengers and I reboarded the plane twice before missing the no-takeoff time of night so the other “UM’s” and I spent the entire night racing around a virtually empty airport in wheelchairs while the flight attendants all took turns watching (and timing!) us. Fun night!
7. The most exotic food I’ve ever tried while traveling is…can’t say anything is popping into my mind right now.
8. If I could live anywhere else, I’d live in Vancouver, BC Canada. I lived there for almost 5 years and loved it.
9. I have been to at least a dozen states in the U.S. I’m not sure exactly how many as my family drove from Ontario, Canada to Florida one March Break when I was a teenager, and I went on a road trip along the West Coast from British Columbia, Canada to California, as well as trips to New York City and San Francisco.